The drafting team at kubik maltbie is a multi-disciplinary team that supports the design development and fabrication of experience based exhibit projects. Many of these exhibits include basic cabinetry components to more complex elements including glass, steel, and other materials. In addition, the Company provides high-end electromechanical interactives to the end user that includes motion, electronically activated components, and other various methods of operation. The successful individual will be a proactive communicator and problem solver who is detail oriented and able to proficiently produce constructible AutoCAD drawings on complex projects.
Key Results Areas:
- Exhibit Constructability
- Detailing Coordination
- Attention to Detail
- Able to work independently and originate highly detailed construction drawings based on limited information and provide workable solutions to highly imaginative design challenges with minimum supervision.
- Knowledgeable in various construction methods and materials used to fabricate exhibits, trade shows, architectural millwork, high-end cabinetry, and/or interior build-outs.
- Detail all plans per project specifications following established company standards and ensures design is in line with bid and fabrication constraints.
- Able to pull parts from drawings and create cut sheets for CNC production; previous experience with CNC programming and/or machining a Plus.
- Communicates effectively with team members and outside professionals while proactively communicating with the Project Manager to obtain needed information to keep projects on track.
- Hands-on experience with shop fabrication techniques and processes a Plus.
- Able to work in a fast paced, ever changing team oriented environment.
- High level of tolerance to ambiguity in working processes.
Trade School or an Associate’s Degree in related field, BS in Engineering or Technology preferred; or has completed 4 year carpentry apprenticeship, with at least 4 years project CAD experience.
- Minimum 4 years professional CAD experience producing 2D and 3D shop drawings synthesized from design and engineering documents, including Architectural, Structural, and MEP utilizing Autodesk AutoCAD 2016.
- Experience in high quality exhibit fabrication, architectural millwork, graphics, and cabinetry build out.
- Knowledge of basic and complex fabrication practices is required.
- Thorough knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD is required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, required.
Critical Performance Skills:
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Detailed Drawing Standards
- Tolerance of Ambiguity
- Policy and Procedure